Thursday, October 05, 2006

Having trouble keeping up

I've been sick the past few weeks. It's just a cold, but the decrease in my energy and resilience had had a big impact. There are a lot of positive feedback (bad) loops, such as not feeling up to standing for ten minutes to buy lunch in the Mills cafeteria, so going without lunch, snacking on cookies in the afternoon (since that's what I have in the office), and then feeling lousy.

I'm also finding little things more stressful, such as all the things I've been losing (due to muzziness) and an irate colleague's emailing me his complaints in ALL CAPS. I'm finding the bursty nature of my department head duties particularly annoying.

Keith's been taking good care of me, so I certainly can't complain. I'm off to the Grace Hopper Conference today and won't get to rest (and to prepare for next week's classes) until Sunday.

No comments: